Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My First Quilt

My 1st quilt by formy2boys
My 1st quilt, a photo by formy2boys on Flickr.
This is the first quilt I ever made. It was a 5th birthday gift for my oldest son. He and my youngest love to play "I -Spy" with it.

It's made with 5 inch charm squares that were fussy cut.
I was encouraged to start quilting by a very good friend of mine who is a young mother like me. I was always intimidated by the idea of "quilting", but making this quilt empowered me. It's not perfect by any means but I love it.

Fabric: some of the  print squares were gifted to me and the others I picked up from Hobby Lobby and my local quilt shop.  Solid squares are Kona Sand.

Border:  Random green fabric from Hobby Lobby
Binding:  can't remember name of fabric-from my local quilt shop


I'll try and do better about posting the names of the fabrics I use.  When I made this back in February 2011 I wasn't keeping track of what the selvedge said....whoops!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! Wish I could start something like quilting. I am however thinking about blogging. I can't wait to follow yours!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! Comments make my day!

If you are a "no-reply blogger" I can't reply via email and I can only respond to you here - so check back! :-) Feel free to email me if you have any questions.