Friday, October 4, 2013

Halloween Bunting

Last week I started pulling out the Fall decorations and after putting up my usual decorations my mantle looked a little naked.  I didn't want to go to the store and buy anything so I turned to Pinterest for inspiration.  I saw many cute buntings and decided to make a no sew version using my hot glue gun.
Using burlap, twine and some Halloween fabric from my stash I made 2 buntings.  I made an approx. 9 inch (when measured at the base) triangle template from a cardboard box and used that to make the big triangles.  I made the small bunting using the scraps left over from cutting the big triangles.  It turned out pretty cute if I do say so myself.  This is the first year I've put up a bunting on the mantle and I really like the way it looks. 




2 comments:

  1. It looks good. I think I need to do something Halloween-y, but too over-the-top. This fits.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! Comments make my day!

If you are a "no-reply blogger" I can't reply via email and I can only respond to you here - so check back! :-) Feel free to email me if you have any questions.