Saturday, March 3, 2012

Gettin' Scrappy with it

Do you remember that song by Will Smith, "Gettin' Jiggy with it" that came out a while back?   I couldn't help but think of that song when I typed this post title.   If you don't know it google it, it's a very catchy song.  

Anyway, this post is really not about a song.  It's about scraps.  I have officially caught scrap fever!  I follow a lot of blogs and many of them are focusing on using scraps.  I am totally inspired by what I'm seeing and am officially jumping on the scrap bandwagon.  I think making my first log cabin block started the ball rolling.    This is another scrappy log cabin block and I think I like it better than the first.  It uses more pieces and I like the colors more.  I added the black and white stripe piece to give the block some contrast.  I liked how it looked so much that I added a strip to the first block.  These blocks are going to be perfect for a scrappy log cabin quilt.



I also started cutting out some half square triangles to use in my HST quilt that's on my bucket list.  This quilt is going to be scrappy too.  Since my scrap pile is pretty small and doesn't contain a lot of color variance  I'll be pulling from my stash for some of the colors I haven't used yet in a quilt (purples, brown, black, blue).  I tend to gravitate toward pink, orange, yellow, white and red because they're my faves.  I'm using my Accuquilt Go Baby to cut out the triangles and the squares are coming together nicely.  I'm enjoying working on this project a little at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay! Comments make my day!

If you are a "no-reply blogger" I can't reply via email and I can only respond to you here - so check back! :-) Feel free to email me if you have any questions.